- If you’ve heard of biotin supplements for hair growth, eggs have a good amount of natural biotin!
- Biotin is essential for production of keratin – the hair protein!
- Protein is another ingredient important for hair health and eggs provide a lot per gram
- Eggs also contain nutrients that your hair needs such as zinc and selenium
- Spinach is loaded with minerals and sometimes a mineral deficiency is what causes hair loss
- Folate, Iron, and Vitamins A and C will promote hair growth
- Spinach contains sebum, which acts as a natural conditioner for hair
- Omega-3 acids will keep your hair shiny and in tact
- Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, a nutrient that the body can not make on its own!
- Anti-inflammatory effects to keep you healthy
- Omega-3 and omega-6 helps decrease hair loss and increase hair growth
- The protein and Vitamin D3 will love your hair
- You might notice a theme of healthy fats here!
- Vitamin E is a nutrient that neutralizes free radicals and also protects your skin and scalp. Healthy hair follicles means healthy hair!
- If you’re deficient in the fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6 that are provided in avocados, you may be at risk for hair loss.
- Cinnamon helps to improve your blood circulation to bring more oxygen and nourishment to your brain and hair follicles
- An easy ingredient to add to toast, coffee, oatmeal, etc to promote hair growth slow and steady
- …and other fruits! Vitamin C has been linked to an increased growth in women with thinning hair
- The antioxidants in berries will help protect hair follicles from harmful molecules and oxidative stress
- Try fruits that are high in the vitamin such as guava and Vitamin C
- Another great source of Vitamin E – one ounce satisfies 37% of your daily need!
- Also a great source of those essential fatty acids which are absolutely necessary for hair growth and maintenance
- Nuts can reduce inflammation that may be causing hair loss
- One of the best sources of zinc, a nutrient that supports the growth as well as the repair of hair
- Taking zinc supplements can help reverse hair loss, but oysters have a variety of health benefits as well
- Spermidine, a compound in soybeans, is associated with hair growth
- Helps increase the amount of time the hair follicle is in its best stage, the anagen stage
- Also a great source of iron which many women are deficient in and is likely the reason for hair loss